If your actions inspire others to DREAM MORE, LEARN MORE, DO MORE and BECOME MORE, then come and join our exciting journey!
Parmarbrook offer great opportunities to work on some exciting projects, in a fun and award winning practice.
As a growing dynamic practice we are always on the look out for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals to join our vibrant London studio. We offer competitive salary packages, which are supported by a strong commitment to career development including a graduate development programme. Our current vacancies are below but with anticipated growth we encourage all talented candidates to contact us.
To apply for a current or future vacancy please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER (HIGHWAYS-DRAINAGE)
We have an immediate requirement for a recently chartered engineer or an experienced graduate keen to establish themselves in a strong civil engineering team.
Due to the growth of this business, there is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and ambitious Highways Design Engineer.
You will take a proactive role in a wide range of mainly development led projects, working alongside Local Highway Planning Authorities and Private Developers.
The ideal individual will have demonstrable consultancy experience on local highways and infrastructure schemes associated with residential developments and will assist on the delivery of design solutions, (drainage / roads / SUDS) from feasibility through to detailed design and implemented under Section 278/38 highway and Section 104 drainage Agreements.
- Preparation of Detailed section 38/278 agreement designs
- Negotiations with Highway Authorities to agree strategies etc
- In-depth knowledge of DMRB
- Preparation of works specifications
- Pavement design and calculation
- Earthworks design and cut and fill
- Preparation of fee quotations
- Client facing and relationship building with the objective of bringing in new work streams
- Highway Drainage design and calculations
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Civil Engineering degree/HND educated in a relevant discipline
- Recently chartered or working towards chartered status with a recognised professional institution (e.g. ICE or IHE or CIHT) is desirable
- Knowledge of relevant policy and design standards (e.g. DMRB, Sewers for Adoption)
- Experience in the design and supervision of adopted drainage and highways
- Competent in the use of Causeway PDS and Autocad.
- 5 years + consultancy experience
- Has worked within a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy in the UK
- Senior Civil Engineer looking for a new opportunity
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience
- Degree Educated
- Must be an enthusiastic character with the drive to develop and learn new skills
- Proficient in the use of Building Designer software
- Capable, through experience of managing multiple projects at a time
- Ability to generate leads from existing and new relationships
- Demonstrate ability to mentor, nurture and lead junior members of the team.
- Experience of attending client / contractor design review meetings
- Developing design layouts for a variety of projects.
- Liaising with the design, technical and contracts teams to complete projects to the client’s
- To ensure accurate referencing of drawings, including updating revision status and ensure all drawing issues are accompanied with a drawing register.
- Level 2 BIM
- Creation of BIM 3D models for distribution to design teams
- Knowledge of clash detection, light analysis, costing, specifications, and database linking.
- Salary Negotiable
WORK EXPERIENCE & INTERNSHIPS